1. This is the SEAL drowning detection device.
This invention is a new way to help potential drowning victims.
2. Worn around the neck, the device is set off when submerged in water.
With four levels of alarm, it can be set to sensitive for infants/toddlers the second it is submerged, or slightly delayed for more experienced swimmers.
3. When the alarm goes off, it alerts the parent/guardians band and the central hub.
A high intensity audio, visual and vibrating alarm will trigger on each of these devices, including the one the swimmer is wearing. A mobile device such as an iPhone or iPad can be used to monitor the bands as well.
4. For this protection device, design is everything.
Using visualization software such as Autodesk Alias the SEAL inventors were able to test different designs of the device.
5. Here’s the SEAL system at work.
Copyright 2017 Social Zazz