Social Zazz

Lioness at the zoo wants to eat a baby

At the zoo in Portland, Oregon the usually lazy lioness, Kya, tries desperately to eat my son through the glass. Jack is coincidentally dressed like a baby zebra in his black and white striped hoodie. He is brave though and calls her “kitty kitty”. That’s my boy.

(via @evilrayLaughing Squid)

Read more: http://twentytwowords.com/lioness-at-the-zoo-wants-to-eat-a-baby/

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Social Zazz

16 comments for “Lioness at the zoo wants to eat a baby

1. Keana
    November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

I think she just wanted to pick him up like one of her young. I also think it was pretty cruel of those adults to leave that baby their for their amusement for both lion and the baby.

2. Marci
    November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

I think that might be the problem. If she or the exhibit is new she probably isn’t used to not being able to break through the glass to eat whatever looks delicious on the other side. Dallas got a new exhibit about a year ago and my friend has some AMAZING pictures of her three little boys sitting in front of the glass smiling with the lions jumping and charging at the glass to get them. Now that they’re used to it they’ve calmed down.

3. RMS
    November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

hahaha…. I love parents with a sense of a humor!

4. AStev
    November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

To be fair, whenever I go to the zoo, I just want to eat all the animals.

5. Melody
    November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

The problem with exhibits like this for predators, featuring glass walls where people can get right next to the animal, is that the animal looses all it’s natural reserve around humans. (While the lioness was focused on the toddler, it had to be aware of the adults standing just behind him) Familiarity breeds contempt. That makes it harder for the Zoo staff to work with them, and increases the risk that someone is going to get hurt should there be any actual contact. We all know how the story goes; unless it’s a Killer Whale at Sea World, injured human = dead animal.

6. Alex

lol

7. Possum
    November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

I think she wanted to invite him to lunch.

8. Mark
    November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

The cat just wants to get to what it sees as abandoned young, these things have come up in different situations and the lionesses just pick up the children and basically try to take care of them like their kittens.

9. Becky

Whoa! I wish I’d been there for that! Haha

10. Lauren
    November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

I would be scared if that happened to me now! And I’m 22. Brave kid.

11. Janine
    November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

F*ckin ell! I’ve never seen an animal behave like that in a zoo… they’re usually so accustomed to and bored of humans..

12. Beth
    November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

I find it really sad…. it’s an animal, a living creature, being called an exhibit?! It’s deeply disturbing to me that another living creature only behaves like this, and is obviously distressed, because it’s kept in a prison for the entertainment of human beings – now THAT’S disturbing.

13. Anna
    November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

Ohhhh, Portland…. How I miss you…

14. Marci

15. Dave
    November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

I agree, Beth. When I was in HS my friend’s beautiful Black Labrador was driven mad by kids dragging sticks along his chain link fence. Eventually he broke away from my friend on a walk, attacked an innocent kid and had to be put down. I feel the same about this. People are not satisfied to enjoy the awesome beauty of that cat. They have to torture it. It’s sickening.

16. Ambros
    November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

the lioness acted the way it did because she thought that the baby was a small zebra. notice the stripes on the jacket of the baby, that resembles a zebra’s stripes. this means that the lioness was not bred in captivity hence, it was caught from the wild, and is missing the hunt for food.also, the kid is still very young. it should have scared it, but the baby was not a frightened baby, he’ll turn out to be brave and adventurous. awesome kid. any other kid would cry because of the sight of the paw and the widened mouth with sharp teeth. 🙂