1. Bar of Soap Allegedly Eases Restless Leg Syndrome
“I had the most restless legs last night and the second I unwrapped a bar of soap and put it down by feet… instantly the restlessness was gone,” writes a woman undergoing chemo who swears by this.
This is one home remedy that everyone seems to be mystified by.
2. Earl Grey Tea Supposedly Helps a Sunburn
You’ll need a pitcher, a bathtub, and 3 bags of earl grey tea. Get the full instructions here.
3. Coconut Oil Is Said to Help Earaches
Warm it up in a saucepan and use an eyedropper to drop into the affected ear.
Coconut oil has antibacterial properties, but olive oil supposedly works, too. Read more about it on eHow.com.
Read one woman’s testimonial.
There are also many other things that supposedly relieve the itch, like clear nail polish and ice cubes. (BuzzFeed Shift editor Amy Odell, a favorite mosquito meal, vouches for the ice cubes.)
5. Black Licorice Allegedly Cures Constipation
The real kind has laxative qualities.
6. A Set of Cold Keys Down the Back of The Neck Supposedly Stops a Nosebleed
Stop a nosebleed by dropping keys down the back of someone’s shirt or pressing a cold butter knife to the back of their neck. The temperature of the metal coagulates the blood.
“According to my EMT manuals, this actually does work. The correct procedure is to use one hand to run a metallic object along the patient’s spine while using the other hand to apply presssure to both sides of the bridge of the patient’s nose,” someone wrote on Snopes.com.
7. Listerine Allegedly Helps Ease Dandruff
Here’s one explanation of why this works.
8. Marshmallows Ease a Sore Throat
Refrigerate and eat. Marshmallow root tea works, too, supposedly.
(This works — I tried it last night! It’s also an excuse to eat marshmallows.)
9. Baking Soda Might Help Remove a Splinter or Shard of Glass
The baking soda paste will cause the skin to swell and push the splinter out. Get more info here.
10. Egg Whites Allegedly Reduce Fevers
Soak socks in egg whites and put them on — your temperature is supposed to fall immediately. This is an old Amish remedy, and a fair number of testimonials that attest to the power of egg whites.
11. Colloidal Silver Eye Drops Might Help Pink Eye and Styes
It’s highly antibacterial. Just spray into the affected eye.
Read more about the many uses of colloidal silver.
12. Drinking a Baking Soda Solution Allegedly Eases Urinary Tract Infections
Baking soda raises the PH level of the irritating and acidic urine during a UTI attack. Mix ¼ tsp baking of soda in 8 oz of water and drink up. Supposedly Alka Seltzer works, too.
13. Make a Mud Mask With Kitty Litter For Gunky Skin
GUESS WHAT, cat litter *with no added ingredients* is just bentonite clay.
Here’s the recipe:
1. Add a cup of Kitty Litter to a microwave safe container and add water so that the Kitty Litter is covered by an inch or so of water.
2. Microwave the Kitty Litter mixture for a minute.
3. Apply the Kitty Litter face mask and relax for 10 minutes.
This works best on oily skin with large pores.
14. The Membrane of an Egg Shell Is Said to Stop Bleeding
Place the membrane over the wound and apply pressure. The membrane is supposed to harden and close off the wound temporarily.
15. Cayenne Pepper Coule Stop Bleeding on Small Cuts/Wounds
“Cayenne pepper equalizes the blood pressure and allows cuts — even deep cuts — to clot quickly so you can keep all your blood inside your body, where it belongs,” Lifehacker.com has reported.
16. Shaving Cream and Listerine Could Soften Cracked Heels
Rub shaving cream on your feet. Soak a handtowel in a solution of equal parts warm water and Listerine. Wrap the towel around your feet and let it sit for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, use the towel to rub your feet. Some of the calloused and discolored skin will rub off.
Last step: Apply a healthy amount of lotion to your feet.
Don’t do this more than once a week! This remedy comes from KSL.com.
17. Eat Olives During Motion Sickness
They contain tannins that dry the saliva induced from the onset of nausea. Pop olives when you first start feeling sick. Read more about it here.
20. Whipped Egg Whites Supposedly Make Eyes Less Puffy
There are quite a few remedies for puffy eyes. This just happens to be one of the weirdest.
Copyright 2017 Social Zazz