Ok so it’s only 22, but do you reallyyy have time to read 1 million reasons?
1. The beauty is astounding
2. Quite the picture of tranquility
3. The country is home to over 700 unique tribes
Each with their own languages, customs, and beliefs. Tribal populations vary from a few hundred to thousands of members. Many of these tribes have had little to no contact with outsiders.
4. Like this one
5. And this one
6. And the Chimbu Tribe (aka Skeleton Tribe)
Who adorn their bodies with paint to resembles skeletons, each with their own personal twist. Not much is known regarding the reasoning, although it is thought to have originated as a creative war tactic.
7. And these much less terrifying tribes boys
8. The country also boasts close to 850 indigenous languages
The latest data reports nearly 850 indigenous languages throughout the country, representing 12% of the world’s total.
9. The Korowai Tribe may be one of the last surviving tribes in the world to practice cannibalism
The Korowai have been known to practice ritual cannibalism up until present day. Most accounts claim they only eat khakhua, which are fellow tribesmen suspected of being witch doctors. The Korawai tribe’s first interaction with the outside world was in the 1970’s and many members have had no experience with any outsiders.
Seriously, where else could you meet a tribe of cannibals?
10. Less creepy, but equally mind blowing – They build insane gravity defying treehouses
Seriously, how is this even possible?
11. The natives have a pretty badass way of getting around
12. It’s one of the last virtually untouched locations on the planet
13. The Rainforests hold still undiscovered secrets
As one of the least explored areas of the world, many undiscovered plant and animal species are thought to exist within the dense interior of the rainforests.
14. I mean, just look at its rainforest
15. You cannot find a bad picture of the island
16. It’s surrounded by this
17. Their rivers even look like mini oceans
18. The diving is extraordinary
The island and its surrounding waters are relatively untouched, especially by outsiders, allowing for spectacular snorkeling and scuba diving.
19. With sites like this
20. And wreck dives
21. And more wreck dives
22. Time to add this gorgeous country to your bucket list
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 Social Zazz